DS made a Mother's day gift for Grandma and now I want to keep it, is that wrong ? LOL

DS is 23 months old and I have been working, kind of with him on his shapes, colors, alphabet and so on. He just recently learned that "O" is also a circle. I haven't shown him how to make one but today when he was making a book mark for my mother in law. He picked up the "bew" crayon and started coloring. When he showed me what he had been doing he said " Look bew circle." And sure enough he had covered the thing with circles!

Now I want to keep in because it's the first time he has ever done anything like that. however it already says "Happy Mother's Day Oma! From your Honey Bunny, Liam." which is her nick name for him.

I'll just give it to her...he made it for her anyways. He kept singing her name while he was making it.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 9:52 AM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• You should ask him to make one for you too!
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:55 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I think you ladies are right. I'm just so proud of him making all those circles by his self. I'll won't ask him to make me another one but you believe it. When he colors again I'm snatching it up and putting it in his memory box! LOL.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I would totally want to keep it too! See if you can get him to do another one for you. My dd makes pictures and stuff for my mom all the time, and very little for me. It used to bother me, but I don't let it get to me anymore.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:02 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Maybe you can take a pic of it & write this story in his book? Make it funny like "It was so good, I wanted to keep it for myself!"
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• ooo good Idea Sleepycupcake!
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Aww that is too cute but yea let "oma" have it and use sleepycupcake's idea lol
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 10:17 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Or you could scan it into your computer to have a copy for yourself.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Aww...that is so cute! He is going to make you so many things that you are not going to know what to do with them. I have tupperwares full of cute things that the kids have made for me over the years. Let grandma have it ;)
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 1:16 PM on May. 5, 2011