Selling on Etsy.com

I absolutely love etsy.com! I could spend hours just looking at all the differnt things people have made. I love to take photos, make jewelry, make wreaths and flower arrangements, and holiday ornaments. I think it would be a fun way to make a little money. Has anyone ever sold things on there, what was it, and was it worth it?

AngieBry

Asked by AngieBry at 10:15 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've sold 7 things on my jewelry account, but it's hard since that section is over saturated. It hard to market enough to be seen. I'm actually in the process of opening another shop right now.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 2:30 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I am dying to try it out... but I don't know how to begin. A few people have told me that I should, so I'm pretty confident that I would be somewhat successful on there... I guess I'm just scared to!
    Good luck to you, if you decide to go forward with it!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I haven't started selling yet. But I will be soon. I'm just going to start with ONE thing, and go from there. And I'm thinking for the more expensive things or time consuming things, I'll just do "made to order" stuff.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:50 AM on May. 5, 2011

• It can be if you make something of good quality, in high demand, and in low supply.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:17 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Hmmm never heard of it. I'm going to have to check it out.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:21 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't sell things on Etsy, but I buy from there quite frequently. I could spend all day looking at the amazing items people have made.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:31 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I am also in the same boat. And am thinking about it as well. It's like you said afraid of using the money and it not working out and feeling like i wasted money. But if you dont do it you never know! lol
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 6:00 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yeah, my dh has been trying to get me to for some time. The only thing is you need money to buy supplies to get a start. I just feel that if I dont have any luck, I have just wasted money!!
    AngieBry

Comment by AngieBry (original poster) at 10:20 AM on May. 5, 2011