Is there something wrong with him?

My 2yr old son wont take naps. He wakes up around 7:30-8:00 in the morning. And i tried to get to bed at 7:30 at night but here lately he wont go to sleep he just screams like someone is killing him. And when he finallydoes fall asleeo it isnt for ling before he is awake and screaming some more. He does this all night long. At least every hour or so I dont get any sleep and neither does anyone else in the house. Is there something wrong with him or is he just doing it for attention?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Kids' Health

• When did he start doing it, if it just started like a few days ago sometimes it can be an ear infection which can hurt more when laying down.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• He has been doing this for months. Like 4-6 somewhere around there.
    Anonymous

• Also, he may be getting his two year molars if he doesn't have them yet. My tooth pain always gets worse when I lay down, so I would imagine it would be the same for a child.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• He needs to go to the doctor. It could be an ear infection or worse since it's been that long. Has it just been at sleep time or has his personality in general changed?
    I don't mean to scare you and it may just be a behavioral change but here's our story. My son was a very happy, smiley, people loving boy until he was about 6-8 months old. Then he became clingy, whiney, and grouchy. Would scream if people looked at him. He would scream at night and I took him in monthly because I knew something was wrong. I kept being told that he was just teething or that he is just getting over a bug. Turns out his pancreas was giving out and he was becoming diabetic. I still regret not insisting having blood work done.
    Anonymous

• my son did the same thing =( turned out to the dr. office and three months later diagnosed with autism ... i'd take him to see the peditrician ASAP
    rachael596

Answer by rachael596 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008