My Fellow Wiccans...

I have been looking for a group on Cafemom but can't find any that are active. So if you could help with that, please.

Back in Sept. 09 my father passed away and I lost faith, I guess. I haven't practiced since then and I feel that I am ready to finally put my father's death behind me. However, I am not sure where to start. Should I just start over by reading and study again? Should I do a meditation session? Start by grounding and reconnecting?

If anyone would like to private message me, feel free to do so. I just need a little help getting started again. Thanks.

Blessed Be

palexander

Asked by palexander at 10:32 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Pagan & Proud is rather active, I'm there at least twice a day!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:43 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Now, to your question, there isn't a right or wrong here. If YOU FEEL you need to start over, do it. If YOU FEEL like you can jump right back in where you were, do it. But chances are you're somewhere in the middle. Personally, I've found my "practice" fits in my life more as a lifestyle than as anything official. To me, simple things like taking the kids to pick up trash and teaching them about how things grow, is more important (for ME) than all the ritual and "magick." So I would just say make small steps toward living your faith rather than worrying so much about the study and whatnot... Meditation is ALWAYS a good thing. Unfortunately since I had my daughter I simply can't focus enough for meditation, but if you can, go for it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 AM on May. 5, 2011

• OMG Hun, I'm sorry! OT question... Is this your old screen name? I swear I think I remember you from a couple of the Pagan groups here on CM, but I haven't seen that SN in forever. Ok, to your question (oh and Sabrina's right about Pagan & Proud...my group and some of the others have dwindled a lot)... I think you should just start by meditating and figuring out what feels right to you. If you think that going back to basics will help you reconnect, then do that. No one can really tell you where to begin again. If you need someone, though, I'm here for you. I lost my dad in August '08 and lost faith in everything, too. Personally, I started with the basics again until I had re-established a connection to things, but what works for one person may not work for someone else. I also found comfort in doing a sort of ritual to honor my dad and help me come to terms with things, which also helped. (Sorry to ramble!)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:55 AM on May. 5, 2011

• To Sabrina, I also feel that it is more of a lifestyle. When my dad died, it was hard. I kinda lost site of everything. I haven't celebrated a single holiday, full moon, nothing. I have grounded since Sept 09. I was left with a lot of resentment and unanswered questions. I had to work through all those emotions. When I finally hit the bottom, I found myself actually wishing that my step-mom and dad would burn in hell. When I hit bottom, I went through a dark period which isn't good. At that time, I realized that I had to do something. So I started focusing more on positive energy. I deleted my step-mom and her kids off my facebook friends list, deleted her number and said enough. Since then all the negativity has left. I think it is time to start over. I don't feel like I should jump back in but do feel that I need to commit more this time. I am ready.
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 11:06 AM on May. 5, 2011

• To Mrs.Bat: Yes I was a member of several of you couples back in 09. For me, I think the basics is a good place to start. I have always been very sensitive to certain things, such as spirits and such. But when my dad died, I shut down completely. I lost ALL connection with everything. This may sound strange but before he died and shortly there after I could step outside and just center and could feel the energy of Mother Earth. I could really feel starting at my feet and working up. But now I can't feel anything. We have changed a lot of little things in our lives and I have seen the difference. I feel it is time. I have let go of everything concerning my dad. I plan to buy some more Wicca books this weekend and start reading again.

palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 11:15 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I guess what I'm saying is I don't "commit time" it's just a part of day to day. I haven't been doing anything special for the Sabbats or moons lately either, I just don't seem to have any time... But things like cleaning w/o chemicals, not using paper plates, and donating rather than tossing thing, are every day ways that I can care for our world and honor the Gods.

My point is, start small, you'll get there!

And it's good to have you back!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:20 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I am in the process of "redoing" our home. I want to start using chemical free cleaning. We do use paper towels but only as napkins. Recycling is the one thing that we can't do. There is NO recycling centers near us.
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 11:36 AM on May. 5, 2011

• P.m. on the way. Welcome back sister.l
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:07 PM on May. 5, 2011

• We can't recycle here either. Check out my blog for green cleaning and living tips! I am on my way to a chemical free home. But the chemical free food thing is a battle cause I have a hubby that LOVES junkfood and thinks Hi-C is fruit juice...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:58 PM on May. 5, 2011