What to expect

My DD is 7 month old and she has no teeth as yet, her bottom gum is swollen its been that way for about a month now...
She normally poops once daily since birth but for the past 2 day its been like 4 to 6 times a day not too runny...I did not call her pediatrician because I was assuming it teething...Is this normal...or should I call her Dr?

johnsonbaby03

Asked by johnsonbaby03 at 10:33 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is possible that it is her teeth. Teething affects every child differently.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:35 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't call the doctor. She's not sick. It's probably the teeth or eating new foods.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't think she's sick either. I wouldn't call the doctor unless she's running a fever. The doctors swear teething doesn't cause a fever, but both my kids had brief periods of low fevers at times during teething. They can also poop more while teething. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 10:57 AM on May. 5, 2011

• She is eating the same foods...nothing new!
    johnsonbaby03

Comment by johnsonbaby03 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on May. 5, 2011

• What would a doctor do? Just deal with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Sounds like teething to me. Just monitor her temperature. If it stays above 101.5 without being broke by ibuprofen and tylenol, call your pediatrician. Also as long as her fluids are being replaced and she doesn't start vomiting, you shouldn't have to worry about her becoming dehydrated with the excessive poo. It really does sound like teething. Make her comfy. Get her the teething rings that you put in the freezer and some of the numbing cream to rub on her little swollen gums. Good luck mama.
    RNMomO3

Answer by RNMomO3 at 3:07 PM on May. 5, 2011