How do I Make Myself Feel Comfortable with my daughters teachers

Hello and before anyone thanks the wrong thing no here goes My 18 year old old handicapped daughter recently started having seizures now she is home schooled started week before spring break her teacher was coming now he will only on Saturdays her other teacher that teaches her will come Tuesdays and Thursdays, druing the week 2 hours 4 to 6p.m. and Saturdays 9to2p.m.
Now Mr Kaufman took Brittany to the grocery store Tuesday told me I did not have to got he asked on the phone and before they left did I need anything well today they are to go to the grocery store to get a few things to cook again I have not been to the grocery store yet now part of me wonts to say okay I will go the other no I know he will sa its okay both her teachers are male and white I am black I know and have seen how some people look at you when you are together like that I know why worry.

Both of them are married mind you Mr Kaufman his wife taught her a while last years of elemeelementary school we are going to see her one day I know Mr Bellavia sad that I have to be alone if he even takes her to a park he is taling about festivals and stuff so how do I stop worrying and get myself comfortable on this outings with her teacher and I should go on to the grocery store she just gets up to early and her hours of home school she can fight sleep and watch wont go today been up since 7:30 but I wont have to pay for a cab coming and going I guess I will tired probalbly

blessed4918

Asked by blessed4918 at 10:40 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• I didn't completely understand your post. But I have a special needs 13 yo son who has a one on one worker. His worker is a black male college student, I am a white 37 yo female. We go places all together a lot and it's not an issue. I don't worry about what people think.

Answer by missanc at 10:47 AM on May. 5, 2011

• You just need to relax. My son (19 now) had a one on one worker for awhile and they took him alot of places without me. He was between 12-15 at the time. They are trained, go through background checks and know what they are doing.

Answer by gemgem at 11:12 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Well, she is 18. Her seizures are recent? She is not otherwise mentally challenged? Then she can tell you if anything inappropriate happens or if she feels uncomfortable
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:50 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Hello thanks for all your answers but I think some were confused I was saying I feel uncomfortable going out with her teachers but yesterday I forgot all about that when he came we went grocery shopping and nobody noticed because at times he had Brittany going arund with him getting things I needed as part of her home schooling it was fun both of her teachers are real nice and teach her at school.

Juust having to adjust to so much since last month has not been easy
    blessed4918

Comment by blessed4918 (original poster) at 12:28 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would have a hard time letting go too. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:17 PM on May. 14, 2011