How can i get information to prove that smoking of any kind is bad when pregnant

I have son's girlfriend who is pregnant and smokes weed and ciggarettes, she said she'll stop smoking ciggs but will use the weed for nausea!!!!!!!!!! what can you tell me to help her see reality?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Health

• Google it, you'll find unlimited information about it. Look in any pregnancy magazine or book, you'll read it there too.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:50 AM on May. 5, 2011

• google it.. haha.. I think there is sooo much out there to help you support your case. WEBMD should also have some info.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 10:51 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Well, if her hospital/physician choose to drug test the baby at birth she could be in for some issues...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 5, 2011

• the doctor!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Well, I actually had a lady try to argue the weed with me and act like the placenta was a barrier against it. The placenta is a carrier, not, a barrier.

I am sure there are PLENTY studies on the effects for you to find. It cannot be hard. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:57 AM on May. 5, 2011

• go with the internet but its not your place to try and shove your thoughts down her throat. shes going to do what she wants, and she has that right. I personally would never do anything that 'could' hurt my child while I was pregnant, included prescription drugs that are much worse, but I have seen lots of people that didnt do as I did and their children came out perfectly fine and are very bright.

Just mind your own business, the last thing you want to be is a crazy MIL who wont keep to herself... Just saying
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:57 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Actually, they cannot "prove" for a fact that smoking weed while pregnant is harmful. They can prove cigarettes are harmful, other prescription and recreational drugs, excessive alcohol and so on.
    But they can't say for *sure* weed is harmful. Of course it is recommended NOT to do it because it is illegal, but there really aren't any lasting effects.... just saying
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• There are equal studies that show that it is isn't harmful and is actually safer than many prescription medications they can give you for nausea or other pain during pregnancy as there are studies showing that it is evil and dangerous.

I think the only thing I would say to her is that any hospital, at birth, can do a fetal drug test without your knowledge. If your baby tests positive for marijuana they immediately open a DCFS file on you.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:13 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm liking Meandrphoto's answer. Whether or not smoking pot hurts mom and/or the fetus, the hospitals right to test that baby and open a CPS can of worms would seem like a pretty powerful deterent. As far as meddling in her business goes, eh, I don't have grandchildren yet, but I'm pretty sure I'd have concerns about both them and their parents well being. A statement of fact isn't an opening argument for a debate. It just is what it is.
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 1:55 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Call CPS... they might be interested to know that she is doing drugs while preggers... and yes... pot is a drug!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:40 PM on May. 5, 2011