Heard of Hypnobirthing? Done it??

Has anyone had a hypnobirth experience? I am looking into it and thinking since I want to go natural this time it could be the way to do it.. but looking for a no kidding person who has done it and can tell me the benefits or lack of...

Camilletnt

Asked by Camilletnt at 10:49 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I read the book and my birthing class teacher was becoming certified in it so we did some practice in our birth class, too. For me, I just had a hard time getting myself into a hypnotic state so to speak. Like, I couldn't just sit there on the floor during the exercises and visualize a staircase into the sky, yada, yada, yada. I did use some of the breathing and I did counting and that helped me through my contractions a lot. So I think you might have some success with it and it is definitely worth a try, the skills you learn can come in handy, but I think in order for it to really work you have to be the type of person with a certain amount of focus to concentrate and get into the right mental state. It also takes a lot of practice, you are supposed to work at it so that you can get yourself into the relaxed state very easily. Good luck with it!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:01 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I studied it and loved it but had two c - sections so i couldn't use it....take a class it wouldn't hurt.!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:50 AM on May. 5, 2011

• no class in my area but -- there is an online program that sends scripts and audio downloads. Thinking why not right?!?!
    Camilletnt

Comment by Camilletnt (original poster) at 10:52 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I haven't used it, but, have heard of it. I DID do all natural no med birth with my son. So, I DO have at least that experience. Most of the being able to do natural is in your head and mindset anyway. So, it should help tremendously.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• thanks for the feedback ladies!! I think I will try it and see how things work!
    Camilletnt

Comment by Camilletnt (original poster) at 11:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't ever want myy miind open like that to any one but God. I couldn't do it. Really research it and it's possible side effects before u do it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• istrickland.. it isn't Hypnosis like you are thinking.. it is a focused approach of meditation with self-hypnosis and your trusted partner. No one else... so, I think it's pretty safe. You could even meditate on God if you were worried about anything entering that is unwanted. Thank you for your concern!!
    Camilletnt

Comment by Camilletnt (original poster) at 2:14 PM on May. 5, 2011