Anyone know if this is a virus from here on CM or something?

Sometimes when I sign out of cafemom a new window opens up and I'll close it and another one will open (with CM as the page it's on) and then another, I close it, and another opens, close, and then another. After the 5th or 6th closing it finally stops? What the heck?

I have virus protection on here, and have run it recently with nothing found but I don't know... Any ideas or information about this one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Not that I know of. I had a Malware virus and have no idea where I got it from. It took 2 weeks to get my computer back.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I just redid my whole computer in the last month because of some virus I got on here by going to someone's profile page........... I hope I don't have to redo it again!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Like I said before, I've been on here for four years now and never have gotten any type of virus.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:06 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I've been with Cafemom since it first started and have NEVER gotten a virus from any of their stuff.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:09 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I have seen several complaints in the past couple of months about a virus from CM. CM always says it is not possible. I say it is or several would not complain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 5, 2011

• It's possible to get a virus here without it coming directly from CM. If you use more layers of protection than a single anti-virus, there's far less chance you'll pick up one embedded in someone's pictures. Also, avoid the bad anti-virus programs like McAffee and Norton. There are far better (and cheaper) options out there that update more frequently and offer better additional protection.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:56 PM on May. 5, 2011

• This is the second question I see on this...so far none for me.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 10:01 PM on May. 7, 2011