Whats the safest way to lose weight?

I know my target areas, but i need to find out how to incorperate a healthy eating habbits into my busy days. For the sake of my health and my childrens!!!! What are some good starter excerise for someone who can afford to go to a gym.

afarmer

Asked by afarmer at 11:02 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Walking is GREAT
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 11:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Eat less, move more. And eat real instead of processed foods.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• track your calories in and out.. you have to eat enough and exercise enough but weight loss is generally based on your diet.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 11:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Walking. Portion control, limit soda, fast food, fried fatty foods. You don't have to give up any foods, just learn portion control and moderation. The BEST "diet" is Weight Watchers because it's not really a diet but a lifestyle change. It is the ONLY diet my doctor will approve. The first time I used Weight Watchers, I lost 10 lbs in less than a month and felt great, wasn't hungry and was able to eat my favorite foods but in moderation.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Walking, bike riding, reduce portions, watch carbs and calories.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:05 AM on May. 5, 2011

• control your portions and add more fresh fruits and veggies to your diet
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:05 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Now adays I would say a weight loss surgery to help reduce the size of your tummy and the intake. Really check this website out

http://www.qualitycaremexico.com/specialties/bariatric-clinics/
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:06 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Clean eating (it's pretty much making stuff you like, ex. spaghetti and making it healthy by swapping unhealthy for healthy alternatives) and I love P90X workout videos. I was really soft in a lot of places and I never worked out. I struggled so much for the first week on it but I stuck with it and I cannot start my day without it. I never have time to work out in the evening so I get it done early every morning. It gets it out of the way and I feel so much better in the a.m. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Slowly, so it stays off. Don't cut carbs out, as your brain functions on sugars. Replace refined sugars with whole, nutritious carb sources like 100% whole grains, brown rice (instead of white), sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes, fruits instead of pastries/cookies, veggies and light dips instead of chips, lean protiens instead of fatty sources like bacon.

Start exercising with walking, but you have to challenge yourself, so when walking becomes too easy, break into a jog from time to time. workout videos can be fun, yoga is relaxing and challenging, weight lifting isn't so bad when done while watching your favorite tv show or movies. :-)
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 11:12 AM on May. 5, 2011

• you could always go to garage sales, they sometimes have arm weights, punching bags, any exercise equipment but be sure not to overdo it, maybe hold off on the sit up helpers/exercise equipment until you've for sure have a steady routine and stick to it.

be sure to lower your salt intake..having lettuce with fat free french dressing isnt helping you at all in losing weight. Watching your salt will help you drastically.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:16 AM on May. 5, 2011