How many of you are on some kind of gov't assitance and why? No judgeing!

Our children are on the medical card because my DH's work change insurance providers and our insurance went from 150 bucks every 2 wks to 300 bucks every 2 wks. We couldn't afford that so we were approved to put our children on the medical card. now we pay 150 every 2 weeks for a couple. That includes eye only. We don't have dental.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My kids get medical. If I don't get a job in the next 2 weeks we will be getting Food Stamps. We qualify for Section 8 but there is no room on the 2 year waiting list. It's nothing we did or didn't do the economy just sucks. We are trying.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:06 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I am on foodshare and medicaid. I lost my job a couple years ago and have only been able to find a part time job that pays minimum wage. No benefits. I also go to school fulltime.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:06 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I am on the medical card for my pregnancy. I pay out of pocket- direct pay insurance for myself which is $312/month but it doesn't cover anything for prenatal or post natal care. that would be $550/month. I simply can't do that. So I applied for the card which has been great.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:07 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Not anymore but we were on medicaid until this month, not me but the kids were. They needed to be able to go to the doctor is why and we had no access to insurance otherwise.

Answer by gemgem at 11:08 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My daughter was in Medicaid until just recently.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:09 AM on May. 5, 2011

• All 4 of my kids are on medicaid and we are all on foodstamps since I lost my job in march.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 11:11 AM on May. 5, 2011

• The kids are on medicaid and we also are on FS. Hubby lost his good job last year and nothing since then has been enough to get us through without help. His job now is temp. He's not sure if they will hire him or not. So there are no benefits from them.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:12 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My kids have medicaid because through my husbands job it would cost $350 every 2 weeks, that's not something we can afford! Thank God for medicaid... =)
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:12 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I understand, the economy does suck! I work part-time and go to school. So that hopefully went won't be in this mess in a couple years when I finish. DH has a job that is suppose to be full time but the company keeps cutting back hours. This time 2 years ago he was getting almost 80hrs a week. Now he's not allowed over time and gets sent home early all the time. He's looking for a new job but there isn't much to look at unless he wants to get paid less.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I would love to get Medicaid for my son, but I make about $50 over the income limit because they won't count my BF as a household member...health insurance for my son through my work just went up to about $300/month :( ...sometimes I just don't know what to do! There is no safety net in place for those of us stuck in the middle!
    MRobinson927

Answer by MRobinson927 at 11:14 AM on May. 5, 2011