Tips for helping children to get along with each other?

I have a 4 year old and a 9 year old--both boys--and it seems like they are constantly fighting. I need some good suggestions as to how to get them to get along better with each other and behave themselves especially when we are out in public. Thank you

FYI--My husband has a hot temper and yells and screams alot also doesn't matter if we are at home; in public or whatever if he gets mad he starts yelling and swearing.  So I know the boys get some of it from him but am wondering what to do to break the cycle so they will be have and not do this.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:12 AM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well if you are out in public somewhere fun like a park or a beach then dont take them again soon if they misbehave. Also if they are acting too bad then make them go home and tell them that they missed out on the fun because they werent being nice. Dont take them next time they ask or tell them that you will leave again if they are bad. Always do what you say you are going to. If you say "you arent going next time you ask" then really dont take them.

If it is while you are shopping or in a restaurant then use bribary. I know it sounds bad but it is a good technique. Tell them before you enter "You will only get blank if you are good." It could be something big like a toy or something small and cheap like a pack of gum or dessert at the restaurant you are entering. Again stick to it...if they are bad then dont get them anything.

Keep control. Dont yell or spank. It will make it worse.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:30 PM on May. 5, 2011