I gave my 10 month old baby 2% milk in the nightm because I ran out of formula and now his lefr cheek is rosey. Could this be an allergic resaction

lilmamacurrin

Asked by lilmamacurrin at 11:13 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be. But it's likely nothing, a skin reaction like that wouldn't show up immediately. Plus if she's on dairy formula... she's most likely not allergic to milk.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:15 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I doubt it. Hasn't he had cheese and yogurt? It's probably nothing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:19 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Its more than likely not if he is on normal formula. Normally allergic reactions to milk cause tummy issues not skin issues (both me and my oldest daughter are slightly lactose intolerate). I would just put some hydrocrotisone cream on it or lotion and watch it. If it gets worse call a doctor. Oh another thought if he slobbered in his sleep it might be an irritation rash from his drool.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 11:34 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Probably just from sleeping on that side or she scratched herself while sleeping. At this age she should have been introduced to yogurt and cheese and if she was on milk based formula, she shouldn't be allergic to the milk. If you are that worried, CALL THE DOCTOR.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:35 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Probably not... formula is made from MILK... if your baby had an allergy to milk you would know already unless you baby is on soy formula.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:24 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Most likely not an "allergic reaction" to milk, but he could be sensitive to it. Keep an eye on his digestive system. If you suspect in the future when you are giving him milk, that he's just not pooping normally or starts vomiting, he could have an intolerance to lactose. It is possible for rash to show up that quickly if he is having an allergic reaction. But what you should be concerned with is his airway. If he starts to have difficulty breathing then go to the ER. But most likely his skin is just reacting differently. Wash it real well and if it doesn't go away within the next couple of days, just take him to your Pediatrician.
    RNMomO3

Answer by RNMomO3 at 3:04 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I thought babies weren't supposed to take cow's milk till they were a year old? Formulas are made in such a way so the product doesn't give them diarrhea.
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 9:42 PM on May. 5, 2011