18 Week Check-up Today- Uterus is much higher than expected....??

I am pregnant with #3, and today's visit was confusing. Four weeks ago, the top my my uterus was still pretty low, well below the belly button. Today....different story. My doctor admitted that she is VERY surprised with how far up it is now- up well over my belly button. And, I can feel movement up that high too.
She said that it is most likely one of the following: Either my uterus is more stretched out from this being baby #3, I'm farther along than expected (however I am very certain of my last period so it can't be too much of a difference), or multiples. She said that she is very anxious for my ultrasound in 2 weeks to determine the reasoning behind this.
Has anyone here ever dealt with something similar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Me :)

I measured "large" my whole pregnancy with my second. I decided not to have an ultrasound unless a problem arose and one never did. We half expected twins even when I was in labor. When a placenta came instead of another baby we knew for sure lol. He was just big, 10 pounds and 22 inches long lol. We're both healthy and fine.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:26 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Nope..but none of those things sound bad. hehe. Best of luck my dear! :)
    Ella_Bella20

Answer by Ella_Bella20 at 11:26 AM on May. 5, 2011