Can you exsplain the basics of your religion? Just curious to what's out there.

What religion do you practice? Can you exsplain your religion? Why do you practice and what does it mean to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont know the "name" of what you would call me lol....
    I belive in God and Jesus
    But I DONT agree with the churches stance on much of anything
    I think the bible is a good read and great guild lines but not to be taken 100% to heart about everything you read in it , because the book itself states man is not perfect and can never be so to be lead blindly by a book that says we are not perfect is silly to me really
    I have faith and I pray for hope,peace,love,people i care for and good health often
    leandrat

Answer by leandrat at 11:43 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Hinduism is not an organized system. Many Hindus are devoted followers of Shiva or Vishnu, whom they regard as the only true God, while others look inward to the divine Self. But most recognize the existence of Brahman, the unifying principle and Supreme Reality behind all that is. Hinduism is commonly mistaken as polytheistic, but it's really monotheistic.

Most Hindus respect the authority of the Vedas (a collection of ancient texts) and the Brahmans (the priestly class), but some reject one of both of these authorities. Hindu religious life might take the form of devotion to God or gods, the duties of family life, or concentrated meditation. Given all this diversity, it is important to take care when generalizing about "Hinduism" or "Hindu beliefs" because there is so much variation, much like Christianity...Hinduism is not a religion in the same sense as Christianity is; it is more like an all encompassing way of life.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Hinduism lacks any unified system of beliefs and ideas. It is a phenomenon and represents a broad spectrum of beliefs and practices which on one hand are akin to paganism, pantheism and the like, and on the other very profound, abstract, metaphysical ideas.

Since religion and culture are nearly interchangeable terms in Hinduism, emotive expressions like 'bhakti' (devotion) or 'dharma' (what is right) and 'yoga' (discipline) are used to depict essential aspects of the religion.

Hindu's believe in reincarnation, karma, dharma (The Universal Law of Nature) and moksha (the liberation from suffering) . Some moral ideals in Hinduism include non-violence, truthfulness, friendship, compassion, fortitude, self-control, purity and generosity.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:57 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I find it hard to put into words, SO...I copied and pasted some info for you: There is no single unifying belief that all Unitarian Universalists (UUs) hold, aside from complete and responsible freedom of speech, thought, belief, faith, and disposition. Unitarian Universalists believe that each person is free to search for his or her own personal truth on issues, such as the existence, nature, and meaning of life, deities, creation, and afterlife. UUs can come from any religious background, and hold beliefs and adhere to morals from a variety of cultures or religions.
    Concepts about deity are diverse among UUs.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:59 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm an atheist.  I don't believe in gods or an afterlife.  The rest is my own life to live.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm a Christian Universalist. The basics for MY personal faith (as it doesn't hold for EVERY Christian Universalist out there) is that all paths are equally valid ways of relating to God and developing our humanity and spirituality. The message of Jesus just happens to be how I do that. I reject the ideas of hell, biblical literalism or infallibility, as well as other things. I believe the point is about cultivating our relationship with the Divine and our fellow man, as well as our inner humanity - those characteristics that make up what it means to be humane and are encouraged in all the faiths of the world : compassion, kindness, graciousness, love.... I don't believe that it's about BELIEVING the right way, but instead about the personal journey and growth, the constant cultivation of understanding. Its about finding OUR truth and living a life of love and kindness, reflecting the very character and nature of God Himself.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Eclectic Wiccan Witch.

I practice magick(using energy and intent to help bring about change in MY world). I believe in reincarnation and balance. I believe in a God and Goddess and believe all variations of them are those characteristics that call to us and help us in our lives somehow but in truth there is just one God and one Goddess.

I honor and celebrate seasons and believe in doing no harm to myself or others. I believe in karma.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Atheist - No Gods.
    That's really all there is to know.Everything else varies person to person or Atheist to Atheist. I mean I suppose I could add that we all bleed red but that's becasue we are all human and it has nothing to do with our religious preferences.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Eclectic Pagan Witch. I believe all religions are right, and none are without flaws. I believe the truth lays between the differences, within the similarities and common sense. I believe in tolerance of others and a peaceful existence with nature. I believe in an innumerable amount of Gods/Goddesses and that we reincarnate in an effort to reach enlightenment.

Most of my beliefs can be found on my Blog

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:52 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Islam
    I'll try to sum it up briefly here. Believe in God, worship God and only God. Pray, take care of your family, take care of your community, help the poor and oppressed, live modestly. Good people will recieve an eternity in heaven bad people will burn forever in hell. I think that's as simple as it can be put but there's certainly far more depth and complexity to it as well.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 11:34 PM on May. 6, 2011