If your child falls asleep?

and is in an semi awkward position do you move them and take the chance of waking them or just leave them where they are?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:39 AM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I go in to my 2 yo's room every night and move him into a comfortable position, make sure he's not laying on top of any of his Thomas trains, that he's covered up if it's cool, etc. because I know he'll sleep right through it, or go right back to sleep if he wakes. My 10 month old, I leave alone because she won't go right back if she wakes!

Answer by missanc at 1:39 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I just leave him how he is. I figure, if he fell asleep that way, then he must be comfy.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:41 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I leave them like that...they wouldnt have been able to fall asleep like that if they werent comfortable lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:42 AM on May. 5, 2011

• With DD, she sleeps like a rock. i move her. You could hold her up by her feet and shake her upside down and she'd sleep through it (that by the way is just an assumption I have. We've never tried it! )
    With DS, he didn't start sleeping for more than 4 hours at a time until he was 10 months old. After 10 months of no sleep, we have a strict rule in our house with him: if he's in the bed and asleep for the LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY don't touch him! Ha!
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 11:53 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My DD is a pretty sound sleeper so I can move her easily without waking her up. Sometimes I do and sometimes I just leave her be, figuring she'll adjust herself if she's uncomfortable. If she has a leg or arm sticking out of the crib I try to stick it back thru so that she doesn't twist herself and get it caught or something.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:44 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I move him. I don't want his neck to hurt when he wakes up.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:46 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I move them.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:51 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I move him always have. No issue..I know I don't want hi to wake up in pain.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:52 AM on May. 5, 2011

• If they are in a deep sleep you can move them.

But I do understand why you would not want to move them if you had a rough day.

But I would still try to get them in a good position.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:56 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My kids don't fall asleep very often, but when they do. I usually wake my 6 year old to go to bed because she is getting heavy or if she is totally out I will have my dh move her, but she is to heavy for me too. With my 3 year old I usually wait a little bit until I know she is out and then I have dh move her to her bed or sometimes I do.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:56 AM on May. 5, 2011