11 months old, no teeth yet???

My DD is almost 11 months old and she still doesnt have any teeth! She has signs of teething..drooling, biting everything, hands constantly in mouth etc etc...but nothing yet!!
I had a nightmare the other night that I was walking her to kindergarden and she looked up at me and gave me a big toothless grin! LOL...anyone else had/has late teethers??? And when they finally did come in, how many came in at once??

LiviLove613

Asked by LiviLove613 at 11:48 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter's came in at 17 mos. I was a bit worried, but her pediatrician assured me they would get here. At 18 mos they start checking for any genetic or thyroid issues, but they usually have other symptoms indicating a problem as well.

She was slow getting them, too. She got about one a month, two bottom ones coming in first. Her two-year molars didn't cut till she turned 3.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:55 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I have 4 children and none of them had any teeth before they were a year old or older.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It seemed like it took FOREVER for my daughter to get hers in! Dont worry about it sometimes it just takes a little bit longer for them to come in! :))

raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 11:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I've heard that the longer they wait like that, the stronger their gums are... Could be an old wives' tale, but thought I'd share. :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 11:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm a Dental Assistant t and it is rare, but possible to be born without teeth. Did the dentist do an xray? If not, have the dentist take a look and see what can be done.
    The first teeth generally start coming in at 4-6 months. Usually, by 15 months, a baby has around 16 baby teeth, and by age 2, has all 20 baby teeth.
    However, it is possible for a baby to be between 12-15 months old before even the first tooth erupts.
    I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
    dananddayna

Answer by dananddayna at 11:38 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My dd cut them at five months and had a mouthfull by 1 year. My nephew didn't cut his first tooth till after a year old and now at 20 months has a mouthfull. So it really just varies. I knew a girl a few years ago whose son was born with two teeth. I wouldn't worry quite yet. Have you looked at her gums? Sometimes you can see/feel them long before they break through.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:08 AM on May. 6, 2011

• dont worrry mommyyy, all kids are different!~
    momma_amanda77

Answer by momma_amanda77 at 11:51 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I read up on it with my first child it says it can be hereditary. DD was 16 mo when she cut her first tooth, I have 10mo old twins and they have showed no signs of teeth either. I guess hubby was a late teether, also is brother has a son also at 10 mo with no teeth yet. so it is not unheard of
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 8:09 PM on May. 6, 2011