Scientology?

Anyone one here a Scientologist? Can anyone give a general run down of what they believe.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 12:06 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Samurai - you get a lot more junk if you look elsewhere. MOST of what I have found out there on the internet is full of anti-Scientology propaganda and false information.

If you can't find what you want on that site, here's another one that is actually by and for scientologists or those looking in to it and full of information... http://www.whatisscientology.org/

As far as I know there are no Scientologists on this forum. And if there are chances are they wouldn't post simply to avoid the inevitable bashing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I lost a friend to Scientology.. I would recommend staying far away.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:09 PM on May. 5, 2011

• it's kind of whacky....

http://www.religioustolerance.org/scientol1.htm

if someone could make that clicky, i would really appreciate it. Full editor no longer works on my computer....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i don't think they get into the all the alien talk on that page....
    samurai_chica

• OK, here we go....this gets into the crazy alien stuff they believe...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

"Xenu (play /ˈziːnuː/ ZEE-noo),[1][2][3] also spelled Xemu, was, according to the founder of Scientology and science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions[4][5] of his people to Earth in a DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Official Scientology dogma holds that the essences of these many people remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm."
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I have tried to go on to their website to figure it out just because I figured that was right to the source but I can't get very far.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 12:21 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It is amazing to me some of the famous people who follow the religion. They seem smarter? I was trying to be open, that maybe it is just misunderstood, but it just seems so out there.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 12:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Because they are very secretive about what they believe. My ex boyfriends father is a Scientologist & he's not "allowed" to talk about all that alien stuff....

People know about it, because members have left & then talked about it. But, they are very secretive with whom they share their information with. In order to be a scientologist, you have to go through this CRAZY purification process that takes months. Once you do that, you can be a scientologist.

There was one woman at Harvard who joined & then left.....they were charged with kidnapping her when she left because she was so high up the ladder, they didn't want her talking about their religion with people who aren't part of it. You start at the bottom & have to "work your way up" so to speak. There is a hierarchy in their religion...it's weird....

But, i guess it's no weirder than other religions really.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• it is WAAAAAAAAY out there!

My ex's dad says it's also kind of a money thing....if you're a scientologist...you're certainly rich.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:27 PM on May. 5, 2011