Half-alive lizard with it's ribcage exposed in my house!

My cat loves to kill lizards. She apparently brought one in the house with her (or maybe caught it in the house? Who knows). I save the ones I can, but I don't always catch her in time. This poor thing is still alive, but it's ribcage is exposed. I can't bring myself to end it's suffering. What do I do?! I can't just let it sit there in terrible pain, but I can't kill it myself. Now that it's not running the cat wants nothing to do with it. :( Poor thing! What do I do?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 12:07 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Good job, Ati!!! That had to be tough but i'm sure Mr. Lizard appreciates it! :)
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 12:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would end its suffering. Shovel, outside, behead the poor thing. I just can't bear the thought of it suffering. That's torture to it and my heart!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 12:09 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If you can't kill and she won't take it I would just put it outside a bird or something will get it fairly quickly. There's nothing else you can do if you can't bring yourself to kill it. Poor little lizard!
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 12:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Flush it and dont look
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:07 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If I had a shovel I'd do it... but I don't. I would have to smash it with a rock or break it's back with my hands :(
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 12:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Poor thing! My neighbor's evil cat was doing something similar, but she never eats them. Just hurts them. I'm always rescuing something from her. I hate finding dead animals on my front step, and I can't stand for the kiddos to see them either.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If you would flush it it would have already been dead instead the little thing is still suffering, I am in no way be heading a lizard............just flush it :)
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Drowning is a terrible way to die, button, or I would have.

I bucked up and did it with a rock :( I don't try to hide death from my kids. My daughter is 3 and she has seen a great many dead lizards since we moved here. I just hate to see them linger in death. I wouldn't mind the cats hunting if they would eat what they kill, but this cat just hunts the lizards, brings them home and kills them on the porch, or hurts them badly enough that they can't survive. Unless I rescue them, but this must have happened while we were sleeping last night :(

It makes me so sad!
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I agaree to just flush it.Poor thing at least it wont suffer anymore.I wouldnt be able to do anything besides flush it
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 12:44 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I agree with flushing it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:46 PM on May. 5, 2011