What is your

favorite lesson taught in your religion? or if you could only share one thing about your religion what would it be?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 12:26 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• the parable of the talents/good stewardship.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't belong to an organized religion, so there aren't any "lessons" that everyone learns. But the overall message of "ALL religions are equal" is something I am very proud of.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• And it HARM NONE, do what you will.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:42 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Speak ye little, listen much.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• The freedom to be yourself.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:00 PM on May. 5, 2011

• LOVE
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• The biggest lesson I have gotten from my path is one of openness and learning to listen to my instinct.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:18 PM on May. 5, 2011

• What is hateful to you, do not to others
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I think the most important concept in Buddhism IMO is that of anattā or non-self. To me, understanding this paves the way for loving-kindness and compassion & realizing our interconnectedness to everything in the universe.

I think this is the most important lesson about approaching Buddhist study though: “Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”~Buddha
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My favorite thing about Christianity is the complete and utter simplicity of the path to salvation - believe and receive.
    MariAnKenobi

Answer by MariAnKenobi at 8:29 PM on May. 5, 2011