Have you ever been in love so bad that it took you forever to shake the feeling?

I'm in love. I'm not going to go into details of my situation because we all know that when you fall in love it's complicated. But I've been in love with this man for over a year and a half and I don't know whether or not he gives a damn about me because he will never tell me. (THat's part of the complication.) But I can't seem to shake this feeling. I think I come to a point where I think, "YAY! I finally don't love him anymore!" and then I see him and it happens all over again and I get depressed because I know I can't do anything about it but feel the pain and agony of being in love with him.

Anyone ever been in this position?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I dated the most gorgeous guy for only 6 mths...it took over 2 yrs to get over him. Sometimes there is just that something about a person that can cause you to go head over heels idiotically irrationally in love with someone. It took dating someone new to finally move on. :) Hang in there. xxx
    Ella_Bella20

Answer by Ella_Bella20 at 12:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yeah. Its a hard thing to deal with.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I say no matter how complicated the situation is TELL HIM once you know you 'click' enough and trust him then I would no matter how complicated both of your current lives are I would still tell him! Because love is a powerful thing and besides you never know this guy could be the one for you! So I say don't let it pass you up but thats just my thoughts good luck girl! :)
    ash2011903

Answer by ash2011903 at 12:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If there is no reciprocation - he may just not be into you .... If he shows commitment and caring in other ways, other than verbal, he loves you.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't think he's in love with me or even cares about me. And anyway I am not pining for his love, I just can't stop loving him. No matter how hard I try, give myself reasons not to love him anymore, I see him and then I remember why I fell in love with him in the first place and fall right back in love with him again. It's a damn curse. I know I should get over it and I've tried. Believe me, I have. Nothing seems to be working. Nothing. And I'm in a position to see him at any given time (we work together) so that makes it even more difficult.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If there is no reciprocation - he may just not be into you
    ===

What if he's in a position where he can't reciprocate and he has to brush it off?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• if he is in position where he can't i say get him to the side (whatever the situation is) even if its just a short talk and be to the point with him, say hey i really do like you, love you and let everything else go from there, see what he says back... because that will be the only real way you ever know, other then just 'thinking' you know what he is thinking..
    ash2011903

Answer by ash2011903 at 4:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Eventually you will grow tired of being the only one in love and you'll move on. Be careful.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:41 PM on May. 5, 2011