Just venting!

I am a mother with four kids, the three oldest are at school so they are not so much the issue but I have an 11 month at home with me while I go to college online and he is driving me CRAZY! I cannot even do the dishes without him hanging on my legs screaming. I am going to pull my hair out because my girls were not clingy like he is..HELP!

Mommi2four2011

Asked by Mommi2four2011 at 12:44 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I needed to get stuff done around the house I would put my girls in their room to play and put up a baby gate. Sometimes they would cry and scream but after a few mins they would get preoccupied with their toys. It was the only way I could get what I needed done or take a shower.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 12:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My son was the same way at this age.. until 18 months actually. .I am sending you E Hugs,
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yeah, I feel your pain!! I would put my ds in his crib with books and toys so I could do cleaning and such. I would scream, but I knew he was safe and eventually he would sit and play. We do what we have to do!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:49 PM on May. 5, 2011

• play cartoons , but mostly the ones with music and put toys on the floor and he will eventually get his attention on either thing ! lol

i understand your frustration , my ds is not like that but i have taken care of babies that made picking up a very hard task !
    hopefully he will outgrow it soon :)

****HUGS : ) *****
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 12:49 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Before you start out with the classes or housework, try getting down with him and playing with him for a bit. Hold him even...he may just be looking for attention. If you have actual textbooks or something you have to read, you could read it to him like it's a story. That will give him attention also and your voice will be soothing to him. Give it a shot.
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 9:48 PM on May. 5, 2011

• baby gate and give him some alone time. My son was the same way, it will not get better if you dont break him now (his dad tells me this all the time). He will have a hard time going to school when the time comes if he does not learn to separate himself from you. He will cry and put up a fuss but you have to be firm and do it everyday. If you're doing your schoolwork put him in his play pen and let him entertain himself, separate him now before its too late. Oh and I think its boys are just clingy like that, I should know I have 2.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 11:41 PM on May. 5, 2011