Nutrition assistance question...

I know for state based medical they back date when they start your coverage to the date that you applied. Is it the same with nutrition assistance (food stamps/SNAP, ect)? I'm curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Don't think so.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:00 PM on May. 5, 2011

• When I took my dd to apply they asked her if she would run out of food in so many days and she said no since she was living with me at that time. They did her regular application and they said it would take up to 30 days to get approved. It ended up taking a little more than that and she got 2 months worth of food stamps in the first disbursement. They started her food stamps the day of her application.

Answer by gemgem at 1:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Thank you. we're waiting on ours to start. Things went really south for us the last couple of months, and now hubby is looking for a new job.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't think it is retroactive.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:08 PM on May. 5, 2011