Has anyone else got this letter saying send $1 to six people

Then supposedly the six people add you to their letters put you on their list for someone else to send you money.Claims to have made alot of money its legal and it has been on Oprah and 20/20 so I was curious to see how you get on mailing lists like that and if anyone had tried it>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• They disguise it as "you are adding you name to our 'mailing list'", to get around the laws against pyramid schemes. I KNOW its still not really legal though because my grandpa used to send those out. He got contacted more then once by the Postal Authority to "cease and desist" or face prosecution. Really my grandpa was just old & thinking he could make money off it rather then trying to scam someone. He basically fell for it..and lost his dollar and all the postage for mailing out multiple copies of that stupid letter. Then another one would come along claiming it was "different' and "prefectly legal" & how they made like $20,000 in a month or something. Then he'd mail off his dollar AGAIN & have me make copies..AGAIN. He suceeded the YEARS he did crap like that to make about $10, btw.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Honestly I did but I heard it was a scam but if its legit let me know...
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 8:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• its a scam...there is no way to track the money its a perimid skim
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I've gotten it numerous times....never done it. Pretty sure it's a scam.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 9:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It is definitely a pyramid scheme. Nobody is going to send you random money.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• how do you get your name on the list...since my mom is on it.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008