Do you eat Sushi ? Can you handle Wasabi ?

Do you eat Sushi, and if so what is your favorite ? If you can take the heat of Wasabi, try mixing it with Soy Sauce until it makes a brown paste. You will know it is right when it feels like fire is coming out of your nose.

twilanelson

Asked by twilanelson at 1:01 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Haha i love sushi! my favorite is "Rainbow Roll" and I love wasabi, the more the better! I love spicy foods in general though!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• throwing upI can't do sushi, on any level......wasabi yes...........

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:04 PM on May. 5, 2011

• YES! I love a good dragon roll. I also like just basic salmon or tuna sushi pieces. Any kind of Shashimi is also on the top of my list. I love wasabi. a peas size dollop per piece.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:04 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I like Sushi...I can't remember the name of the one I liked so well but it had caviar in it...Wasabi is just too damn hot for even me...a spicy food fanatic lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:04 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Many will say that mixing the wasabi paste with soy is the "wrong way" of eating sushi. It's improper by Japanese standards/customs. But I don't care and do it anyway. I have a great local place that does all sorts of custom maki. The specialty ones are pretty expensive, and if they want you to use sauce with it they will put it on the roll or on the plate as a garnish. But the standard "cali rolls" and simple maki or "cheap" maki I use the soy/wasabi to add a little flavor.

It took some getting used to, but I love wasabi now! Especially in mashed potatoes!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes. Current favorite is from an Anchorage Restaurant, Crunchy Halibut Rolls. Yes, I eat and cook with Wasabi.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Ohh and my non-local favorite is spicy tuna
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:07 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Love sushi, love wasabi!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I love sushi! My favorites are white tuna and octopus. I like wasabi too, but in small amounts. It's great for a sinus cleanse!
    Philyra

Answer by Philyra at 1:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• not a fan of wasabi. too bitter and spicy for me. i love sushi. but no-no to sashimi. i dont like eating raw fish and stuffs.
    chyme

Answer by chyme at 1:20 PM on May. 5, 2011