Preschool Birthday Party Suggestions?

Hi,

We are planning a really small B-day party over here for a preschooler. There will only be 4 kids and all of the parents.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? What have you done for your preschooler's B-day that worked?

Thanks Moms!!

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 1:16 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 3 year old went to her friends bday party and loved it. These were her favorite things there:

*Cupcakes instead of cake so each kid kind of gets thier own.

*Glow sticks as party favors. My daughter loved her glow stick wand and slept with it that night :)

* A crafty activity. They made macaroni necklaces but you could also do finger paintings or something. Something to make together and then take home.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• For my youngest's 3rd we had 5 kids + parents. We just let them play in the garden (it was July) and then had a 'party tea' with mini sausages, shaped sandwhiches (sp?), fruit juice, biscuits, etc. After tea we did Musical Bumps and Pass The Parcel - special versions where everyone wins!

For my eldest's 4th her dad (we were divorced), who's French, took her and her best friend to France for the day and to the rainy beach. She loved it but it was hard telling friend's mums "sorry, your darling is not invited". I was actually surprised her best friend's parents allowed her to go - I don't think I would if it was the other way round.
    kittyweignex

Answer by kittyweignex at 1:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Sidewalk chalk is always fun if it's warm out
    Kids love balls, if you have enough room in a safe area
    If you're doing an indoor party just do a play area -- put out blocks, cars, play food, dressup clothes
    If it's a girl, try a Princess Tea Party where they dress up in a pretty dress and have apple juice tea and snacks(ask about food allergies first)

For goody bags, you might use a can of playdoh and some chalk or crayons in a baggy
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:09 PM on May. 5, 2011

• blowing bubbles outdoors, you can do a scavenger hunt indoors or out for party favors, (if you do an animal theme you can turn the scavenger hunt into a safari). Instead of just having cupcakes, get some toppings and have them decorate their own as an activity with their parents help. I know its high on the budget but I rented a bounce house for $200 and it kept the kids busy all day, or if you are in a warm climate you can do alot with one of those giant $29 pools or a sprinkler. You can also keep kids amazingly busy by building cars or rocket ships out of old boxes, especially if they can drive them afterwards-leftover easter eggs parts for knobs, paper plates for wheels, streamers for racing stripes. You can also do a bug or flower theme and let the kids plant little seeds to take home in dixie cups or pots.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:32 PM on May. 6, 2011