when did you start putting ur baby in a forward facing carseat?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 8:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started just the other day and she is 12m and 1wk. She LOVES it cause she can see out the window.
    Anonymous

• The law says that at one year of age you can change them to forward facing. However that is the minimum. It is recommended for longer, as it is the safest way for a child to ride in the car.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• the laws say the baby must be 1 year AND 20 lbs.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Oh but your suppose to wait til they are a yr and 20lbs.
    Anonymous

• By florida state law they must be 20 lbs and a minimum of 1 yr. I wouldn't reccomend it any sooner. I don't know what federal or other states say. good luck
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My son is 21 months old. He's not forward facing yet. Rear facing is safer. His ability to stretch his legs and look out the window come secondary to his safety.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I know it is supposed to be 1 year and 20 lbs. But my little butterball, weighed 35 lbs at 1 year old. He was too fat and tall (He was 2 feet long when he was born) to stay rear facing. I turned him around at 9 months. My little one still only weighs 35 lbs at 3 years old. He stayed turned around until he was 1 year old.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• anything before 20lbs AND 1 year is illegal. the safest way is to keep a child (even a tall or heavy child) rear facing til their CONVERTIBLE carseat allows. this is usually around 35lbs. my baby is 14mos & still rear facing. their immature bones couldn't handle a crash forward facing. that's the point. NOT how tall they are or how much they weigh. they just wouldn't be safe in even a small accident forward facing cause their bones just aren't developed enough.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 18, almost 19 months and still rear facing. she is only 22 lbs and is on the boarderline of the weight requirements for my car seat. She'll be rear facing until 35 lbs. Maybe at 2 I'll think about turning her around to see, but it really just depends on her weight. It's best to be rear facing as long as possible.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• We switched our son around one week after his first birthday even though he wasn't 20 lbs yet. It isn't the law in every state that one must be 1 year and 20 lbs to be forward facing. Some states don't even have a law governing infant seats.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2008