Self-employed Photographers?

I want to start a little business of taking pictures and editing pictures. Children, families, weddings? lol. But it seems like it would be so hard with competition. Anyone out there that does do it and make decent money doing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• DH's BM is trying to be one but I don't think she makes any money
    nightngale83

Answer by nightngale83 at 1:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My SIL does it and makes great money! She usually has at least one booking/week and sometimes several in the same week during the spring/summer months. She started about 2 years ago doing just family and friends and her business has boomed. She bidded on and got the contract to do the school pictures for her oldest son's private school - it's a large wealthy school and she got tons of bookings after that. She doesn't do weddings by choice, but she does do bridal portraits, engagement photos, family pictures, senior portraits, etc.

Answer by missanc at 1:34 PM on May. 5, 2011