Should I ask ?

So my parents hold e verything over my head. They are currently paying for my lawyer for the huge custody battle I'm in & they are paying for my son's school bc they insist he needs to go to a "private" school to get a good education. She is making me ASK her for her help. Its dumb. My dad is talking shit to my SO at work (they work together) and is trying to get him to turn aganist me. Its not going to work, but its the point.

Should I ask ? I mean I have a lot to lose without a lawyer. Idk how the custody battle will go if I don't have a lawyer - they are holding paying for the lawyer & my son's school over my head. Granted - I need the lawyer & the schools in my area aren't very good. I was thinking about moving to a better area, but they are calling me a bad mom bc I'm letting my "pride" get in the way of my son's education.... wtf am I suppose to do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Focus on the custody issue first, once that is situated, I would say move to a better school district, and stand on your own two feet.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:44 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Im sorry you are going through all of this and Im sorry that I dont have an answer for you. I just wanted to say good luck to you!
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 1:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Take things one step at a time. Get thru the custody battle first, then make a decision about the school. Hang in there is all I can say (((hugs)))

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Thanks, Hun.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• do what is best for your son and dont worry about them
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:32 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i say do whats best for you, i wouldnt want to have a relationship like that with my parents if you want to help do it but dont do it expecting something back from me i would move but do whats best for you and your son.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 1:32 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Why would your dad talk your SO into turning against you??
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Everytime, I need money I have to ask for it. I wouldn't be having my parents pay for private school for my kids though, not that they would. I would have no problem having my parents fund my lawyer bills if it meant that much to me.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Your really are between a rock and a hard place. That is a tough question. I think that if I were in your position I might just suck it up and ask. If it were me, I would definitely keep a record of how much money is spent and pay it all back. I wouldn't want to seem ungrateful and they would be able to hold the money issue over my head.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• They have pro bono attourneys that will take this case your local county court will have the list. These are lawyers from big firms that take free cases as they are required to take so many check it out?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:42 PM on May. 5, 2011