Tubal ligation woes

My baby is almost 19 months and when he was born I was kind of pushed into getting a tubal from my hubby, mom, and doctor. Now I am almost 30 with two boys and desperately want a girl. Knowing that I can't get pregnant makes me sad. Am I wrong to feel resentment towards those who pused me into the tubal? Anybody else have this happen?

bdmartin81

Asked by bdmartin81 at 1:34 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There is also the option of invitro, besides what daughteroftruth mentioned. You are not totally out of options for having a girl if you ever decide to peruse it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:41 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I've never had that happen, but I think I would feel angry and resentful. Have you considered adoption, or a tubal reversal?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:38 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Not at all! I got one with my last pregnancy because I was DONE DONE DONE having kids, if I even thought that I wanted another baby I would not have done it, and being made to do it, would make me a upset too. Im sorry you are feeling this way. Why did they push you into having one?
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 1:39 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My first baby was born with downs syndrome and ended up passing away. The dr told me the more pregnancies I have the more of a chance the baby has to have downs. My family and I couldn't bare to go through that again. Plus I always end up with pre eclampsia. I understand they were concerned for my health and the baby too. Just saddening I guess.
    bdmartin81

Comment by bdmartin81 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on May. 5, 2011

• There are other ways. But I would feel bad because I let others talk me into something I didn't want to do
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:59 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Well the reasons were good ones for sure, what about adoption?
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:24 PM on May. 5, 2011