If your DD hasnt grown in height and her feet are the same size for 3 years what genetic disorder is that?

My DD will be 5 years old in 20 days. We been to her developmental pedi about 4 times now and she has not grown since those 4 times. The shoe size she wears is a 7. We went to visit family Dec 2007, well after we settled in our families house we went to the mall the next few days and bought her some vans. shes been wearing them for that long. There not that used up and they fit fine. The next year we got her some new shoes same size. Shes around 34/35inches tall has not grown, personally i think there is something going on. We saw a genetics doctor a few weeks back and they dont understand what is going on. So they took some blood from her and i have yet to hear back. I called one day and left a message no answer. she used to wear for a long long time size 24months/2t clothes. Shes 5 and wears size 3 clothing. She still plays with baby toys (12 months-18months) she just cant get out of the baby stage either. She talks alot but lacks on so many other things. Her hair does not grow either. its been super short, thin, falls off. i have pictures to prove it does not grow. Everyone thinks shes 3. when she was 4 people thought she was 2. We have a older daughter shes 7 in august. has long thick hair, my youngest is almost 13 months old. Im not kidding you, he goes up to her shoulder ALMOST. How can a 1 year old be as tall as a 5 year old? I have told the Genetics doctor every concern i have and he says he agrees, she also has a very very small head and below percentile in height and weight. I just dont know what it could be. when i was her age i had long thick hair, taller. So she doesnt get this from me or her dad (My DH) What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• there are so many genetic disorders there is no way to tell, but I hope you get answers
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Wow.. that must be SO frustrating.. I would continue to get on the Dr's and find new ones and don't stop calling them for answers and bugging them on what this could be..!!!!!!!!!!! good luck Mama
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:51 PM on May. 5, 2011

• maybe get a referral to an endocrinologist..for pediatric disorders such as growth problems/hormonal.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:52 PM on May. 5, 2011

• There are more than a few things she could have.
    Anonymous

• I just spoke to one of the docs and he said her lab results came out normal. Im frustrated because they dont know either. He wants a urine sample for metabolic something. I have to drop it off this weekend and have them test it. I have to get a referral yea for something like that and see if my insurance covers that. So far everything is being covered
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:00 PM on May. 5, 2011

• well what are those more then a few things she could have?
    Anonymous

• Could it be a form of primordial dwarfism? There are a TON of different kinds and I know their grow super slow, have smaller heads and seem young acting. Maybe she has a more rare form of it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm not sure, but my suggestion would be to find a new Geneticist. Due to certain issues with DD we have taken her to two different Geneticists in two different hospitals (Children's in Pittsburgh, PA and Children's in Columbus, OH) and both of them the very first visit not only checked over every inch of her body, did measurements, and took blood, but they both ordered additional tests like a bone age and EEG. Plus each of them ordered a follow-up visit after six months. We didn't like the one in PA, so that "follow-up" was the one in OH, but still even that one wanted a follow-up. Nothing ever came back as positive to give her a diagnosis, so we now go back every year for follow-ups. Good luck and don't give up.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I made a appointment for Pediatric Endocrinology on the 17th so hopefully DH doesnt get mad either. He keeps saying i need to leave our DD alone and stop poking her with needles to get blood. he doesnt care shes short but i do care. i care if there is a problem. What if 6months to a year or more shes still not growing? At the moment we have INSURANCE and i want to use it up as much as i can before August because he is getting out of the military and we wont have any insurance anymore. All this is being paid for and i want to make sure she if she has something we can help her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 PM on May. 5, 2011

• At this point, you can't listen to DH,. you have a valid reason for concern. 3 years and no growth? there's something wrong, period! GOod luck Mama.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:51 PM on May. 5, 2011