Clingy Baby

My son just turned a year old on April 28th. For the past couple weeks he has been so clingy that it is very hard for me to get anything done around the house. If I try to get ready in the mornings he will hold on to my legs and cry until he is picked up. His Dr. told me it is 100% normal and he will grow out of it soon. I was wondering if anyone has been through this before, or has any advice for me?

Thanks!

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 1:57 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 14 month old is in the same face right now. She clings and clings and cries if I leave the room. She tugs on my legs and cries. When I'm chopping on the counter, she weasels her way between me and the cupboard and pushes me away from them... it's annoying, but it doesn't last forever. I enjoy it most days when we just sit on the couch playing games and laughing while she sits on my lap, periodically cuddling with me. They are such a joy, and yes, at times they are such a pain!! GL!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My baby is only a few months older than yours and she is pretty clingy. When I need to do something I distract her with a toy before I have to do something and though it tore me up the first few times i would let her cry it out until the toy distracted her again and now she's getting better about entertaining herself when i need to do something in her general vicinity
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 2:04 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes Yes YES I did with my son.. He almost had zero independent play skills until 2 and not because I sure didn't try to get him to have some.. its a phase but its hard.. good luck!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:03 PM on May. 5, 2011

• im sorry i have never had this problem with my daughter hope it gets better for you
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:18 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It is very normal. My son was that way for a while. He is 3 now and is much better. He will grow out of it. He will still want his Mommy, but I promise it will get better!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My baby was very clingy. Now my "baby" is 14 and doesn't cling.....or hug so I would just enjoy it.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:02 PM on May. 5, 2011