Real or not, what does it matter?

I was at work today and a co worker saw my ring and asked me if it was real. I know it isn't but told her it was. It is a three stone style ring I bought on QVC. It looks VERY real. I just thought it was kinda odd that she asked me if it was real. If I see a piece of jewelry I like on someone, I just let them know that I like it. What does it matter if it's real or not.

Jerzymom

Asked by Jerzymom at 2:02 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• That question may be really telling about your co-worker. It may be that she can't value anything, no matter how wonderful it looks unless it has a hefty price tag. That's kind of sad really, because if she gets daisy's she'll never be able to see their awesome beauty because the whole time she'll just be wishing they were roses. People like that miss out on all the simple beauty in life.
    Then again, she may be just a creepy -nosy person.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 2:07 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Well, it's a real ring, right?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• How weird...I agree who cares lol....my wedding ring is cubic because DH couldnt afford a real one when he bought it...I get all kinds of compliments on it...no one has ever asked me if it was real or not though...to me that's kind of a rude question
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I agree with you.........what does it matter? Maybe a wedding ring.......but any other piece of jewelry.......I could care less....if you like it, it is pretty.........all is good......
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My set is CZ too and i've had many rings over the years from QVC, diamonique and such....just say yes, it's no one's business anyway, lol
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• CallMeAngie is very wise!

and unless your ring is imaginary, I don't see how it's not real. We know what she meant, but technically, you didn't lie.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• LOL!! thanks ladies. Yeah I could have said something witty like, "oh yes, it is real platinum clad and diamonique stones" . I guess she thinks my husband can't afford something so spectacular.
    Jerzymom

Comment by Jerzymom (original poster) at 2:27 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would have completely said yes, of course its real. She doesn't need to know anything else.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• why would you lie about, though?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:13 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Like the other ladies said, it IS a real ring! I agree with CallMeAngie.
    And I'd much rather the daisies!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:46 PM on May. 5, 2011