Fun Facts

What are some fun facts you learned about your pet?

My ex and I decided to get a male golden retriever but he never would lift his leg to pee...he always squatted which drove my ex nuts. He brought it up at the vet who told us it was a learned behavior...if he hadn't been around other dogs to "learn" how to lift his leg, he would never do it. I never knew that and thought it was interesting when I heard it.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pets

• I've had 5 males and only one has lifted his leg. LOL
    Deb_Jones

Answer by Deb_Jones at 5:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My Pit Bull peed the bed when she was a puppy, lol. I had no choice but to kick her out and make her sleep in her kennel! I kept thinking she just couldn't figure out how to tell us and I saw her pee the floor one day when she was passed out. It was so weird!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yeah i knew that but when i first that i thought the same. i thought it was interesting that my breed of dog can read, which is a poodle. words like sit, stay, down etc. pretty smart i think.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• ReneeK3...must be a pit thing. Mine had trouble learning to tell us she had to go out. Now she goes to both doors barks and spins around...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008