If God is all forgiving then why is there a hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think God is all forgiving. We are meant to honestly repent for our sins and ask forgiveness, and be sincerely remorseful of our sins in order for God to forgive us. If we commit sins and are not asking forgiveness, or don't really feel it is a sin, then I don't believe God forgives that. That is my opinion :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:27 PM on May. 5, 2011

• So you believe in a more vengeful God instead of an all loving one?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't call a God that expects you to recognize and learn from your mistakes a "vengeful God". I love my DF and my parents, but when they do something wrong I expect them to know it, recognize it, do their best to rectify it and then not do it again. Does that make me a vengeful person? Just because i have expectations of people?

If God was an all loving one as you seem to be defining then that would mean that Hitler and Stalin are sitting pretty in heaven right now. That's something I cannot accept the possibility of.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:41 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't believe in Hell, or Heaven for that matter... But this has always been one of my questions too.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:43 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Hell, because there are ones out there that chose not to believe and there are ones out there that Never ask for forgiveness and you have to ask it is not something that Jesus does he just does not forgive if you do not ask and believe
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• here they come they are gonna get me for my previous posts but thats ok thats what I believe..good answer AprilDJC I totally agree
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:48 PM on May. 5, 2011

• The one unforgivable sin is denying Christ, if you deny Christ then you go to hell. He is forgiving of all others as long as we ask for that forgiveness and repent of our sins.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:49 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Amen amazinggrace83........
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:50 PM on May. 5, 2011

• banging head into wall

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:50 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't believe in heaven nor hell. But it's always been a question i've asked & got yelled at for asking, lol. Ahh oh well. I think if you commit any type of sin & automatically gotta ask for forgiveness then you wouldn't really be that good of a christian anyways. KWIM?
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 2:51 PM on May. 5, 2011