DO "LITTLE PEOPLE" NEED TO BE IN CARSEATS WHEN THEY ARE IN THE CAR.

NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN BUT A "LITTLE PERSON" ASKED ME FOR A RIDE HOME FROM WORK.. ( SHE WAS TINY) I TOLD HER I WAS AFRAID BECAUSE OF HER SIZE AND GETTING A TICKET...

3Grlz1AngelzMom

Asked by 3Grlz1AngelzMom at 12:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No little people do not need car seats. I'm not sure if you are serious or being funny. But im sure you hurt your co-workers feelings!
    tinaking

Answer by tinaking at 12:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You still have to go by the rules, at least 6 years old AND 60 pounds. If she weighs 60 pounds, you're OK.
    mykidskickass

Answer by mykidskickass at 12:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Most restraints are far as children concerned are more based on ability versus size. Being able to hold up your head, sit up well, that sort of thing. My 6 year old son is 4 ft, 58 lbs and isn't in a booster or anything of that sort. I am sure that you owe your co-worker an apology. You probably offended her.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• maybe ya should have asked her this question. Not to be mean!
    Anonymous

• I DID NOT OFFEND HER.. SHE WAS VERY SMALL AND THIN AND WOULD NOT HAVE FIT MY CAR SEATBELTS... I WAS NOT THE BEST DRIVER AT THE TIME, WE WERE NOT JUST CO-WORKERS... WE WERE FRIENDS... SHE KNEW I DIDNT WANT HER TO GET HURT... AND I DIDNT WANT THE TICKET EITHER BUT I TOLD BOTH REASONS WHY I ASKED .... AGAIN... SHE WAS NOT OFFENDED.....
    3Grlz1AngelzMom

Answer by 3Grlz1AngelzMom at 12:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Hmmmm I wonder? Cant wait to see other answers!!!
    Chris127

Answer by Chris127 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• In the state of Michigan, being July 1 any child under the age of 9 OR a child who has not reached a height of 4' 9" must be in a booster seat or you will face a $65 traffic ticket as well as child endangerment/neglect......
    bramlettljb

Answer by bramlettljb at 1:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Hmmm... that is something I dont think I would have ever thought of. But I think given her age and situation - a police officer would understand.... if for some reason she should be in a car seat ... it would be her responsibility to know that law... not yours.
    Sophiasmom119

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• SOME do ride in them, but as long as the seatbelt hit them correctly over their hips/upper thighs and their chest, I wouldn't worry too much about that.
    CarSeatJunkie

Answer by CarSeatJunkie at 8:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I am so glad that my sister doesn't live in Michigan! She is 4'8" and weighs only 90 lbs. Not through any ailment or anything, she just has a small frame. Here in Colorado, once they hit 50lbs and are at 4ft, it is no longer required.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2008