Do you judge people who only have a GED?

I never graduated High School....I dropped out in my Senior year but I went back later and got my GED...I was SO freaking proud of myself lol...I enrolled in college and majored in Humanities (yes I know I can't do anything with that lol) but I had to drop out when I got pregnant with my daughter...I keep wanting to go back to school but right now DH is in school for Criminal Justice and we can't afford for both of us to go to school so I have to wait.....oops went off topic lol

Anyways I was just wondering how many of you judge people who only have their GED...I want honest answers so feel free to go Anon if you feel you need to.

Thanx ladies =)

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:30 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I just completed my GED, I hadn't been buckling down - you know just talking about doing it.

Came New years, I told my sister I would do it! My resolution was completed about a month ago.

I DID IT!

I applied for a job and I did get it - and when one of my co workers asked about high school, I said oh I just
    finished with my GED and she looks at me and says, you didn't graduate high school with a weird look.

Asshat. I have the equivalent!!!!!! I am proud of myself!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't judge anyone for having a GED, HS Diploma, or/and College Degree's. I judge people who can't use their education along with common sense.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It requires less education to graduate HS than to acquire a GED :)
    The average national statistics have proven that it is harder to get a GED than to graduate HS. In SC, only 20% of HS graduates are able to pass the GED on the first try. Nation wide, the average is hovering around 30%.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:39 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I actually admire people who go back and get the GED because it represents a real decision to commit to a course of study. I also figure that they were probably going through a difficult time in their teen years that kept them from finishing in a regular high school setting. Kudos to you!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• No. Why would I? My Hubby has a GED. Who cares. If I could go back I would drop out and get a GED, or maybe not even that. I stuck it out for a diploma that I have never once needed... And I know a woman with 3 college degrees who's cooking at a local restaurant. It doesn't matter as long as you make the best of what you have.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't judge people who have a GED
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I dont judge people who have a GED. I judge people who drop out of school and dont get anything after that
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My dentist has her GED, she had to go to school extra years since she did not have the "HIGH SCHOOL" diploma.
    She did it though, and inspired me to get mine. I did too, and now I am almost finished my last year in nursing school.
    I am going to be an RN!!! I hope I can inspire people too.

You can do anything if you put your mind too it. It might take a little longer, but you can do it. People are so mean.
    Anonymous

• I don't I have one myself. I am getting ready to start college this fall.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Why would someone I think that is your life and your decision, I did graduate with honors but that makes me no different then you, I had a father that would have made me go even if I did get pregnant..............but you got your GED and that is Awesome, I have 3 kids, My oldest my son 23 got his GED his senior yr, remind you he was a straight A student...........he now makes about 85,000.00 a yr, my daughter who is 23 also left school her Junior yr she also get her GED and is in nursing school presently, my 17 yo is still in high school and plans to graduate................I don;t think just because you have a GED and not a diploma you should be looked down on. I went to college and make a little less than my son does that tell you anything.....JMO
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:38 PM on May. 5, 2011