Do you have migraines?

is it w/ auro aka warning signs?
what symptoms do you have?
do you know your triggers?
what meds do you take and are they preventivies or for after they hit?
after they hit are you bedstricten? and for how many days?
neurologists and testing you have been through?

anything else you may want to share?

2teens2LOs

Asked by 2teens2LOs at 2:32 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Health

• I used to get them frequently - almost every week. Now, maybe once a year. They began with the aura, then on to debilitating pain and nausea.

My triggers are smoked red meats, large amounts of red fruits, and allowing myself to get dehydrated.

I used to take butalbital once they hit, if I had time to go to bed for 3-4 hours. But what worked better than any Rx meds was OTC Excedrine.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:50 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes I get an occasional migraine with the aura. The worst part for me. I can handle the headache after even though sometimes my head feels like its going to blow. I do'n't take any meds for it. No triggers I can be anywhere doing anything & all of a sudden I can only half see & realize ones coming. Ugh!! No I'm not bed ridden . I force myself to keep going.
    sweetsinglemama

Answer by sweetsinglemama at 2:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I've been getting migraines for about 16 years. I have tried different medications throughout the years. I also get daily headaches as well. About three years ago I went to a neurologist. I love him now. :) My daily headaches are now gone because I take topamax and B2 twice a day. For my once to twice a month migraines I take a combination of two prescription. I never had warning signs and not sure what triggers them except for monthly cycle. My migraines lasted anywhere from 3 to 6 days. Now, about 1 to 3 days and I don't really seem to get them as often. I refuse to be bed ridden. I keep pushing along.
    newmommytaketwo

Answer by newmommytaketwo at 8:49 PM on May. 8, 2011