12:32pm Still have people sleeping in my house!!!!

My MIL and FIL came up for the week to help me clean my house (not really..) i had surgery and am not suppose to do anything for 2 weeks.. (ends on the 11th).. Well they bought us a carpet cleaner and my husband and FIL were up til 2am cleaning my entire house and cleaned our carpets ... which is amazing :-) but THEY ARE ALL STILL SLEEEPING!!!! .. My MIL went to bed at 12.. I went to bed at 3.. oh btw my husband is home from work til monday..

Is it fair to try to keep my 3 an 2 year old compeletly quiet so they could sleep?

3HappylKidds

Asked by 3HappylKidds at 2:32 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• NO. Let them do what they normally do.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• No, it's not fair. They can get up - they can also go to bed early tonight if they're that tired! How nice of them, though, to help out! You should be sleeping, btw.
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 2:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• No I would say it's time they get up lol. It's got to be a lot of work for you trying to keep them quiet, and I'm sure a 2 and 3 year old is not going to understand why they are having to be quiet :-)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• LOL those people should have been up long ago. No more quiet time for the toddlers - life goes on. People still asleep after 12 hours - even my 21 year old don't do that. (unless of course they're all sick or something)
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:35 PM on May. 5, 2011

• no i wouldn't
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I went to bed at 1am woke up at 5am went back to sleep at 7am and woke up at 9am. Im pregnant and cant even manage to sleep that long lol
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:40 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would let them get 8-9hrs of sleep, after that its fair game! Lol regardless of the help- how can they expect you to keep such young kids quiet?!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 2:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• surprisedWAKE THEM UP !!!!!!!

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I might have tried to keep the kids quiet until about 9:00 or so, but after that it's a free for all. If the adults are really that tired then they will be able to sleep thru it, and if the noise wakes them up, well, I'm sure there's more cleaning to do. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• hahaha i was thinking the same thing.. i decided my kids can run around wild like they usually do :)
    3HappylKidds

Comment by 3HappylKidds (original poster) at 2:48 PM on May. 5, 2011