Osama is dead so why cant people just drop it?

Okay, we get it. Osama is dead. So why cant people just drop it and move on?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 2:50 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• This will no doubt be a hot topic for a while. No sense in getting all pissy about it, just skip over that part of the news.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:51 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Because its the new big thing! .. it will be like this for a few more weeks then it slow down!! .. i am way tired of it so i avoid watching the news or anything that mentions it .. even on here, this is my second comment about it on here.. and my last :)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:52 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Who?
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 2:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Because they dont want to?

Answer by gemgem at 3:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It's news, its big news. What are you wanting to hear about - snookie, the weather, the latest tech toy,...geez. Turn the channel if you are tired of it. Some of us haven't even spent 20 minutes hearing about it yet because we work and take care of a family.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:18 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i really don't see one of the biggest events in American history being "dropped" in a matter of days.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Well, it WAS big news. He is dead. WHat ese is there to discuss???
    The only thing I consider worthwhile discussing is that we might be risking retaliation form Bin Laden's worshipers/gang members,whatever.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Do you understand the importance of this news OP?
    Anonymous

• It's just the beginning. I was at the mall today and they were selling shirts at a kiosk that said "We got him!" with a pic of his face on it. I, for one, would not want to wear something like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:50 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I wish they would but I believe there are a few reasons it just won't die. First the media sees it as a big diversion and a positive one for Obama. Also the biggie is that there are many who have begun to realize how many inconsistancies there are in the whole story. That leads to more questions that keep it alive.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:52 PM on May. 5, 2011