What is considered right side up when putting a tattoo on your wrist?

I have a friend who is very religious and he wants to get the Methodis symbol of a cross and flame tattooed on his wrist. He just cant't decide wether to have it so he can observe it right side up, or that others can. He also is taking into consideration not to be disrespectful to his religion. What do you think?

borntolive

Asked by borntolive at 2:53 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

Level 3 (-1 Credits)
  • IMO and exerience, it faces away from the person it is tattooed on.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• if it was on him, and you were to look at it, you would want to see it the right side .. not upside down! .. if he were to look at it the right side from his point would be upside down.. does that make ANY sense? it started to confuse me !
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:55 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would think having it so others could observe it easily. His arms are going to be down or out in front of him mostly so it will be right side up that way to everyone else. If he has it facing so he can see it right side up then its going to look funny/weird when his arms are down by his side, but I dont know lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Same as with jewelry, it is placed for viewing by the observer, not the wearer. My mom explained to me when I was much younger that it was easier to show off a ring by holding my hand out than by holding my arm up, so that has always been the way for me. If you wear a charm bracelet, do you wear it so the charms are facing you, but upside down when your arm hangs naturally, or do you wear it so that the charms are always "on display" while you are in a natural position?
    GrahamsMomAngel

Answer by GrahamsMomAngel at 3:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I agree with everyone else... When his arms are down, the cross should be right side up. :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 3:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• ditto all of the above
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:13 PM on May. 6, 2011

• mine faces right side up when my arm is down
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 3:25 PM on May. 7, 2011