Any earthly idea why i smell CAT PEE in my house when i come in when i DON'T have a cat? lol

It's so weird, for 2 days now i can smell cat pee when i come in the door. i personally do not like cats and have no idea why this is happening or how i can get that smell outta here!

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 3:08 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Were there cats before you moved in? Good chance the smell is still there from that, and a lot of times when weather gets warmer those smells are more noticeable.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:56 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Are you sure it's in the house? If you have shrubs or trees next to the front door maybe there is a neighborhood cat paying you a visit.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:09 PM on May. 5, 2011

• haha..did one pee in your nose???
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:09 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Cat pee smells like ammonia. But I can't think of anything else that could smell like ammonia, well, other than ammonia.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• LOL I don't know but if it's outside it sure does smell strong, bc it definitely smells in here, I know that sounds so bizarre!
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 3:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I think a cat must have peed in your bushes. Yuck.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:30 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Maybe it's under your house. Cat, opossum, raccoon. I'd send someone to investigate. :) Hope it gets better soon!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:41 PM on May. 5, 2011

• certain cleaning solutions have amonia in their ingredients. did you maybe pick up something new to try? or if u have kids, did they sneak a cat home? mine would have if they knew the answer would be no.
    dbecca

Answer by dbecca at 3:43 PM on May. 5, 2011

• sorry forgot to mention there is a carpet cleaner called odoban at home depot works wonders on carpet stains and smells
    dbecca

Answer by dbecca at 3:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Did you buy a new ceiling light fixture or appliance? Sometimes when they over heat they smell like cat pee. It's the insulation in the fixture or appliance.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:13 PM on May. 5, 2011