Breastfeeding in public without a cover

Yes or no? I EBF but I use a cover if I am uncomfortable around the people, but If I know the people I feed my baby without the cover. I don't go without cover in front of men. That's just me. Your baby's food comes from your breast, so if you're comfortable going without a cover than I think that's great. A bottle feeding mom isn't condemed for openly showing where her baby's food comes from. What do you think, what do you do?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 3:09 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• God gave us boobs to feed our children and to please our men. Personally I feel like when they are being used to feed our children, then who cares if someone gets a peak. But when you're not...put em away.
    RNMomO3

Answer by RNMomO3 at 3:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• hahaha "please cover it", " it's inappropriate to BF without a cover" .... really? Who cares and could you define "it" ... would that be cover it as in the boob or the baby?

I couldn't care less about covering in public and if it makes others uncomfortable than they must be pretty insecure. They're boobs and they feed my baby and I don't have to cover and I will not cover.

kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 3:56 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Use a cover, don't use a cover...doesn't matter to me. The sight of boobies doesn't shock me or gross me out....well not unless its a very hairy man that resembles sasquach out jogging. In that case, I say cover up.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I EBF for about seven months and I always used a cover in public, both out of a feeling that it is the most considerate thing to do where others are concerned, and also because that is what I felt comfortable with. I did not go into bathrooms or anything like that, just put a cover over myself wherever I happened to be. The only people I didn't cover in front of were my DH, my Mom, my sister and my MIL. As for what others do, it doesn't bother me one bit if a woman nurses without covering. I am an adult and can look away, and I think if my child saw it I would advise her not to stare and that it is a natural part of life and motherhood and nothing to hide. I actually saw a woman at the zoo nursing without a cover and I thought good for her, that takes some courage.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:53 PM on May. 5, 2011

• never used one once I got the hang of it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:11 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I didn't use a cover, but you couldn't see my boobies either. If you looked at me you wouldn't even know I was bfing. I had moms come up to look at the baby, and they didn't know what I was doing until they were inches away.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:18 PM on May. 5, 2011

• it doesnt bother me, but then again, i'm not amazed by breasts. I have 2 of my own if I want to look at them. I think people should do what makes them comfortable.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 3:51 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I nursed my son for a year and nurse DD who's 4 mo now. I do and always have covered myself, but I will not go into a bathroom to feed my baby, that's pretty damn gross. My boobs are huge when I'm nursing and I'm just not comfortable without the cover in public. I really don't care if other women cover or not.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:04 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I only didn't cover around family. My DH didn't even want me doing that - I think its a personal choice of what your comfort level is. Personally it wouldn't bother me if I saw it anywhere but DH wouldn't be able to eat if he saw it at a restaurant and he's not against it by any means.. to each their own as with everything
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't cover my head when I eat, I see no reason to do it to my child.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:18 PM on May. 5, 2011