Hands' Feet' and Mouth

MY little girl had a fever last Thursday I thought she was getting sick beforehand cuz she did not want to eat the night before. So she got this fever it was only their a day. The next day she had this huge blister in the inside of her cheek we thought she had bite herself in her sleep but then we thought wait a min she would have had blood everywhere. She started saying she could not eat and then she started geting more blisters in her mouth and tongue so I took her to the doc she said it was Hands Feet and Mouth virus she said their is nothing I could realy give her for it so I took her home (ABOUT 4 DAYS LATER)this morning we woke up and her breath smelled so bad and Iher teeth had brown stuff on them I thought the infection was messing with her teeth so I tryed to easily brush them as soon as I barely touched her gum it started spraying blood everywhere and I mean like bad scared the Crap out of me. She has not eaten sence last Thursday and shecan barely fit in her clothes now she is already tiny but now she is getting to be even littler then she was. Is it normal for her to do this it seems to be getting worse not better. Has anyone went threw this is thereany advice you can give that might help? And how long does this usually last for? That blood just freaked me out bad..

alberryman12

Asked by alberryman12 at 3:11 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• my kids had that, and never did i see any blood...
    i would just call the doctor to make sure she's fine...
    Research, that what i do alot since i don't know alot of knew "things" out there..
    But call the doctor..
    steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 3:13 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Call the doctor, especially if she hasn't eaten.
    onix

Answer by onix at 3:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My son had it last yr at this time it sounds as if your daughter has an extreme case of it. Unfortunately it can last up to 2 weeks. I would call your dr too I never heard of blood, but you could have popped the blisters when you tried to brush. Call her dr. Hope every thing works out.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 3:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yeah I will def be calling the doc again. I Looked up a few things on my lunch break today but I did not see anything about blood but I will be calling the doc as soon as I get off work...
    alberryman12

Comment by alberryman12 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I do know the blisters in her mouth hurt so bad that she can't eat. Try giving her motrin. To see if she will eat anything.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 3:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• my oldest had that, we never had blood.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• See that's what I keep hearing is tha no one had blood so I am starting to worry my break can't get hear fast enoph soo can call the doc..
    alberryman12

Comment by alberryman12 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My doc told me to use a mix of this to help the blisters in the mouth so my son would eat a little its a half and half depending on her age Maalox n benadryl
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 3:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yeah that's what she told me to....
    alberryman12

Comment by alberryman12 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My son had HFM but it never effected his gums.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:29 PM on May. 5, 2011