What do you do when DH/SO is mad at you?

He's obviously upset with you but he won't tell you why...every time you ask him what's wrong he just says "nothing"

Do you think "well then thats his problem and he needs to get over it" or do you keep trying to find out why he's mad?

Yesterday Rich was mad at me about something...still have no idea what...I didnt feel like playing his little game so I just left him alone, after about 20 minutes he came out of whatever funk he was in and started acting normal...then later he admits he was mad...he's like "yeah I was going to take you to Chipotle (my fav food place lol) but I was mad at you so..." then he just left it at that....I guess he felt he had to mention he was mad at me because I never tried to ask him what was wrong lol so he had to make sure I knew or something lol

What do you do? What would you have done in my situation?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:16 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• um, well you can take me to Chipolte now. =)
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 4:10 PM on May. 5, 2011

• blow him off, men are big babies. and want attention 24/7,
    they are in pain, the whole world is going down, they are mad--boy will they show it,
    however, lets see them push out a baby, then will talk.

Anywho, just let him get over it..
    steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 3:18 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I WISH my husband would leave me alone when I'm pissed (or he's pissed at me). I'd rather not have a screaming match, but he has to push it till I do scream at him.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My husband gets like that sometimes, I've learned to ask him, if he doesn't tell me then I leave it alone.He'll either get over it, or tell me eventually.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I ask whats wrong. When he says nothing. I say "Ok then" and move on. It drives him insane lol. If he keeps up with an attitude I tell him straight up I dont have time for your nonsense if you dont want to tell me whats wrong then go screw yourself, I have kids to take care of. Usually he snaps out of it by that time. He knows I dont guess.

Answer by gemgem at 3:18 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i would have said, dear you know better than to keep resentment inside and not share that with me.

i would still have a serious talk with him and say, please dont do that again. you gotta let me know so you and I can feel much better about it. otherwise it can ruin the relationship if we dont work certain things out along the way.

Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My husband bottles it all up til he blows. I always ask him to talk about it but he always says "why? you just say the same thing over and over again" and acts all pissy. So I tell him to fuck off, he smokes a cigg, takes a shit, has a swig of Mountain Dew and then is fine. It's his thing, lol.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• my husband will let things stew all day until we're laying in bed to go to sleep. THEN he wants to talk. so we end up talking or arguing for another hour or two till we hash it out and all is well. but theyre all definitely babies about being mad, youre not alone.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 3:28 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Wow, that sounds more like something a chick would do.. I would just ask him whats wrong, if he won't answer I'd leave him be. Roll your eyes and walk away.. it will be over soon lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:28 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If he is mad at me, I know that when he has rationalized it in his head, he will come a talk to me about it.

I don't bug him to tell me since I know he will when he is ready.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:29 PM on May. 5, 2011