Do you get frustrated when

your husband or SO is really drunk?

My SO is not an alcoholic, but every once in a while he can get out of hand.

i have had to call the cops on my own friend before, and I don't want it to go that far unless it has to.

any IDEAS, TIPS or ADVICE would be great.

we were at his friends smoke shop at almost 3 in the morning when he said we could leave at 2. he was speaking different languages and would not stop talking when his friend and his friends family all wanted us to leave so they could close the shop. I said c'mon lets go and grabbed all his stuff. he does not even remember me driving him home. I was completely sober and soo annoyed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• That behavior would never work for me. I wouldn't tolerate it more than one time...
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I guess it would depend on his behavior when he was drunk, and if we ere at home or out somewhere.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:19 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I've only ever seen my husband drunk one time...and he's a hilarious drunk (gets a British accent). Normally he'll only have 1 or 2 beers at a time, not nearly enough to get drunk, because he KNOWS I do not like it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My DH can be a real asshole when he's drunk (thank God he rarely drinks more then a beer or two)....The last time he got really drunk he told me that he hated me...so i told him that I couldnt be with someone who felt that way about me (this is before we got married) and I kicked him out...it took a couple of days about us talking about his drinking but i think me putting him out put things in perspective for him and he's never gotten that drunk again....let him know how HIS drinking affects YOU and tell him what kind of behavior you are and arent going to put up with. Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:24 PM on May. 5, 2011

• There are lots of different ways to manage that particular situation. One might be to make sure he has a ride set up that WANTS to be out at three in the morning.

Do let him know how you feel about his drinking. What your concerns are, and particularly that it's not him but his behavior that you are having an issue with. If he just really thinks he needs to tie one on every once in a while, let him be responsible for himself. Take that time for a girls night in or out as you perfer.
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 3:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• what does that mean "not tolerate"...what would you do, punish? or leave him?
    how else can you not tolerate it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:49 PM on May. 5, 2011