Have any of you worked in a day care center?

Are there any of you who have worked in a day care center (like as a teacher, or an aide)? What was it like? Pros/Cons?

twigirl30

Asked by twigirl30 at 3:47 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes I have worked in 2 child care centers as a aide & teacher. I liked the 2 center I worked in better than the first.
    Pro's: Some centers let you bring your kiddo's for free
    Good hours being an aide you have less resposability as far as daily planning you just do what they say
    Con's Most daycares have adult teacher drama, lol.
    I prefer to be a nanny that is what I do now.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 3:53 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yep, for 4 years.
    As a main teacher and an aide.
    I agree with the first poster.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:56 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I used to work in a in-home daycare. I liked the fact that I could take my then 1 year old son with me to work. I liked caring for the babies (twins) of my employer but I could feel myself getting attached to the little potatoes. They were never held or rocked too much because the parents would always put them in bouners and feed them. I would hold them when they cried and it would sooth themm but when the parents were home they would let them cry. I couldn't take it so I decided to quit. I wouldn't let my son cry when he was an infant, I just didn't agree with their parenting style.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 3:59 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I worked in a fairly large daycare center with various aged children (from toddler to school age) one during the summer between high school and going away to college. It wasn't bad work, but I realized it wasn't the best match of career choice for me. I agree with the previous two posters about the pros and cons.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I worked in a daycare for 5 years. I worked with all the age groups, infants up to 6 year old children. It was fun, but busy and stressful too. I enjoyed being around the children. The hours were great, and the staff was nice. I enjoyed many of the families too. As a con some of the families also sucked, and some of the kids had behavior issues. When you work with children it's bound to come up. :) I left daycare to teach in the public school, which I enjoy MORE. Daycare was great experience though.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:27 PM on May. 5, 2011