• In the Spotlight:

Do YOU find this offensive?

In one of my groups there was a woman who had her feelings hurt by one of her friends. Her friend had been looking through a photo album of the new baby and she came across one of the mom and baby in the shower. Mind you, there was NOTHING showing of the mom's or the baby's. It was a very sweet picture (in my opinion) of them hugging and looking at the camera. The friend got disgusted and told her that it was sick and wrong to take a shower with her baby let alone take a picture of it. I find those kind of pics to be sooooo cute!! What about you?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 8:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I have tons and tons of pictures of my son in the bath or the shower with his daddy. He LOVES taking a "tubby" with papa! I don't think there is anything wrong with it. And if you show those pictures to friends (I have some that aren't decent but I don't show those ones to anybody) obviously you are going to show the decent ones where nothing is exposed and I think it is cute. Clearly her friend was immature.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i think there r
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• well it is non of the friends business and if it wasn't offensive then what the hell? i stil put my daughter in the shower or bath with me and she is a year old
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It's not disgusting to take showers with your baby. I don't know about posting it on the net. To each their own on that. I don't see nothing wrong with and in my eyes it's normal but there are weirdo's on here. I took pics of my hubby and baby taking a bath. Nothing was showing either. It's no big deal.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my DD is 2 years old and we take showers together still. My DH and I have never felt like it was wrong when they are babies and toddlers. I think its fun and adorable!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 9:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would have thought it was cute.

Answer by Bmat at 9:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• People used to do that ALL the time....I have tons of pictures of my mom and I in the shower or bath....NONE of them are indecent in any way. I wouldn't post them on the internet or anything like that, but there's nothing wrong with taking them....or with taking a bath or shower with your baby.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 9:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Those pictures don't bother me in the least, to each their own. Personally l'd never take a shower or bath with my little one just because I would be scared of dropping them. And also, my mom's friend was taking a bath with her newborn and then she passed out for some reason and her baby drowned. So I guess that always kind of always stuck with me.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• aww poor baby :( I hate sad baby stories.
    Anonymous

• if they think that's gross i should post the pics my mum took of me while i was potty training!
    It;snot offensive or gross, something you wouldn't want out in the open where everyone can see but it's a cute memento of those very short times your baby was a baby!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008