Smelly ear

my daughter's ear smells. i know of course that usually means there's an infection. but there is no fever, no pain, her ear is clean, i give her a bath every night and clean her ears. wth? i have no idea what it could be. it doesn't bother her, but it bothers me.

what else could make an ear smell?

aubre22

Asked by aubre22 at 3:59 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm thinking infection, they don't always have to be painful. In fact they can develop for a little while with no pain then come on (I was a frequent earrache sufferer) - I think the best thing to do is to take her to the doctor so they gave a quick gaze in and let you know.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 4:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Also check the folds of the upper ear that might have some dead skin in there . . . or the line where the back of the ear meets the head.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:07 PM on May. 5, 2011

• probably dried up milk in her ear.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 9:01 PM on May. 5, 2011