Kinda worried about the whole due date thing

My periods are not 28 days they never have been. Last time I was pregnant all my ultrasounds dated me a week younger then my due date so technically he was a big 37 weeks and 4 days instead of an average 38 and 4 days if you go by the ultrasounds, oh well no issues at all except a little skinny for his height.
This time my periods were every 23-25 days so I guess what I'm concerned about is them teling me that I'm 36 weeks(ie technically premature) when I'm really 37 weeks again and I really don't want history of premature labor in my chart if it doesn't have to be.

If you had kind of the weird ultrasound dates and or shorter/longer periods did your doctor listen to you and correct your due date or did they just go with the LMP like mine? I have to get a different doctor this time so is there a way to tell the new doc that my about this difference in dates or do you just kind of have to deal with it?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 4:04 PM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• From what I understand, your due date is calculated 40 weeks from your last period. A week is still a week, it shouldn't matter how long your cycle is.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It effects when you ovulate so it would be different in that way.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 4:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• The due date is just an estimation anyway. A week or 2 isn't going to make a difference either way.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:28 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I had an IUD in before I got pregnant so my periods were already irregular. When I went in for my first ultrasound they said that I was 6 days more than what I thought. Which of course changed my due date. Last time I went to the dr they hadn't changed the info and they had me at 23 weeks 3 days, which was wrong. Hopefully they update it.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 4:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I had something similar in that I knew when I conceived, but because it was a week after I SHOULD have ovulated, the doctor gave me a due date that was too early. I knew this, but I didn't really worry about it. When they told me the date was 10/1 I was just like ok, and then later they revised it because of the way I was measuring and gave me a due date of 10/7 and I kind of wanted to say told you so. But a week shouldn't make a big deal either way, you just need to know this info in case they try to do any sort of interevention later to keep you out of labor or something. Keep explaining it to your doctors but don't stress out over it. Also, have they done an ultrasound yet? After my first ultrasound at about 13 weeks is when the revised my due date because of the way the baby was measuring.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:38 PM on May. 5, 2011

• yea other doctors go by LMP but u tell new doctor all details my daughter was due on 16th but came on sept 8th son was due on oct 19 came on 21 yea my p was always different to but u can do streaths to help with cantores
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 5:37 PM on May. 5, 2011